upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Help with new boat  (Read 15345 times)

qbfishon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help with new boat
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 07:13:24 AM »

Dont be in a hurry. It took 2 years for me to find my Grady in South Carolina. You can have it surveyed for a fee before you take a trip if you find one down south. I found mine on craigslist. prolines and hydrasports, anglers ,shamrock, are quailty boats but they are alot lighter than Gradys. Weigh fuel econ vs ride? Once you have a Grady youll only want another unless you switch style of boat. i love my 2 stroke efi its comparable to a fourstroke of econ, only drawback is adding oil. Reliable, no choke just touch the key. Im having my dad look out for a fiberglass 22-25 in Fla. if i get any hits ill email you best of luck qb
Quinn Barrios
Grady White 208 Adventurer "Q-Boat"
MY HEROES DONT WEAR CAPES, THEY WEAR DOGTAGS

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 07:32:21 AM »

prolines and hydrasports, anglers ,shamrock, are quailty boats but they are alot lighter than Gradys. Weigh fuel econ vs ride?

Considering the average "ride" is 10-20 minutes max I wouldnt let that be a factor.  Thats what they make trim tabs for. Unless i was making daily trips to the Rock I would go the lighter trailerable route.  

MikeM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 07:49:54 AM »

Personally I would worry about condition of a boat over brand name. A water logged hull is junk no matter the name on the side of it. I see boats out there catching fish with every brand name on the side.

Scale Chaser

• View Profile
    • Finn Tackle Company
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »

I did a fair amount of time surfing the web looking for boats that fall into your listed criteria.  I'm convinced you'll probably have to double your 20k budget to get what you hoping for.  Now if you went to a larger single engine with a kicker you'd probably be able to find a boat within your budget...
Capt. Brad Muscoe
Marquette, MI
Boat Name: Ella Bella
www.finnspoons.com
Please "Like" us at
http://www.facebook.com/FinnTackleCompany

WCScenario

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 12:06:29 AM »

Well this definetly gives me alot to think of and again thank youz for your help and for taking your time to explain what would be the right boat for me. I do really appreciate it . I may have a little more $ to spend then my budget but I will not know until that time comes a few months from now. Atm I am working on making my wife's dream come true and investing a ton of $ into a gmc cabalerro (rarer version of el camino) . This was her dream car all restored and hot rodded out I guess you can say. After I finish this project then I can move onto mine and start puting more $ into the boat. I won't be able to purchase any boat until spring. If I end up needing more $ to go over the budget I set it may take a few more months after that so I can save up more and use the boat I have till then. I just want to make sure I get a boat that will be practicle for me and everything safe and comfortable for what I need and a boat that will give me many years of use so I don't have to buy one again for quite awhile because I am sure my wife will never let me spend this much $ ever again on a boat. I got lucky she said yes this time lol. Just wanna thank you guys again for the Input  :beer:
Blayne
Currently Boat Less..
Home Port: Fairport Marina

qbfishon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »

I hope that new Grady will fit under your tree WC!!!
Quinn Barrios
Grady White 208 Adventurer "Q-Boat"
MY HEROES DONT WEAR CAPES, THEY WEAR DOGTAGS

Frank

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 04:12:03 PM »

There is an old saying "buy the best boat you can afford, not the biggest" Great Lakes, traveling around, towing, you will appreciate having a safe, reliable, and well-maintained boat, even if it isn't as big as you wish. If you are set on a 25' range, be careful that you don't buy someone else's trouble just to get an affordable price. There are good deals out there for sure, plenty of nightmares too. A major problem soon after purchase will end up costing more than buying right the first time. I looked pretty hard around Florida a few years ago. Lots of junk down there, but some of it was shined up pretty good. Like Quinn said, might have to look for a while to find what is right. Be extra careful of salt boats.
Frank Schultz
Apple Man

tangent_vector

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »

I love, love, love my Hydrasports vector 2250.  Thick, heavy kevlar reinforced glass, very deep vee, top notch fittings (brass and stainless), and set up as a hard core fishing boat.     Mine is a '98, been fished hard, and still is in really good shape.  You'll be hard pressed to find a  walk around boat under 25 feet that rides better.  I'd buy it again in a second. 

BUT, be aware that there's a 21 and 23 foot Hydrasports "non vector" boat that's nowhere near as deep or heavy as the vector series. Those are decent, but not in the same league as the vectors.

There's also a 2450 HS vector model, which could be set up with twins.   Find one of those in good shape with good power, and you'd have a sweet rig.

Keith

BiG ARN

• View Profile
    • www.bubbablade.com
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 03:13:18 PM »

http://up.craigslist.org/boa/3590863177.html
A very affordable Tiara for ya!
Captain Aaron Hendrickson
  BiG ARN's Charters LLC
 bigarnscharters@gmail.com
       (906)869-3361
   Boat name: BiG ARN ll
 Marquette,MI/Fairport,MI

WCScenario

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »

lol it is to small and to old , but is a nice boat. Someone will have fun with it ! It is a good deal..
Blayne
Currently Boat Less..
Home Port: Fairport Marina

YooperTroll

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 04:13:17 PM »

If I was in the market for a newer boat it would be this one.

http://up.craigslist.org/boa/3558699789.html
Luck favors the prepared

BiG ARN

• View Profile
    • www.bubbablade.com
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 04:30:40 PM »

Or this one..
http://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/3592884236.html
Its even got autopilot!
Captain Aaron Hendrickson
  BiG ARN's Charters LLC
 bigarnscharters@gmail.com
       (906)869-3361
   Boat name: BiG ARN ll
 Marquette,MI/Fairport,MI

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »

If I was in the market for a newer boat it would be this one.

http://up.craigslist.org/boa/3558699789.html

Buy it up Dave. Its only money!!!

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 06:05:48 PM »

Or this one..
http://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/3592884236.html
Its even got autopilot!

Twin 350's... That would be one thirsty son bitch. $3.75 now, cant hardly wait to see what it is this summer.

YooperTroll

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 08:35:59 PM »

You did find a nice boat there Arn. But it's too many feet long, too many engines and too many riggers and not enough rod holders. 

Ryan,as soon as I can figure out how to cut trees out of a boat I will get a brand new one.  ;D
Luck favors the prepared
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8