upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: limiting out  (Read 4120 times)

Jighead

limiting out
« on: March 24, 2011, 08:58:10 AM »

It is fun to do, but why do so many people keep everything every time they "limit" out. I guess a lot of folks drive over the speed limit. If you set limits, people will go beyond, or just up to them. I am just curious.

BiG ARN

• View Profile
    • www.bubbablade.com
Re: limiting out
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »

Your opening up quite the can of worms here!     Ask 10 guys get 10 different answers!     Me personally........I love to come in with a 3-4 man limit in the boat who doesn't?      Steelhead fishing rivers are different.....I like to keep a few and take pictures and release the rest.    But that's just my preference.   Long as your within the states rules and regulations do whatever the hell you want!      I've got a problem with the guys who think its there business to tell a guy on the river he shouldn't be keeping fish or only a small male.  No females.  Blah blah blah.......mind your own damn business and worry about yourself!  Why do people think the males are not as important as the females?   Seems to me 7 out of every 10 steelhead I catch are females.....what good are a bunch of females gonna be if theres not enough males to fertilize there eggs?  Seems to me like everyone is so worried about the wild steelhead around my neck of the woods its a sin to keep one. But the same people will brag about limiting out on coho.  That's probally why I can catch steelhead everyday and barely ever even hear about coho being caught!    I know its a hard thing for some people to have any faith in the DNR.....but im sure the possession catch limits are what they are for a reason.  Doubt its gonna kill the resource if the few people who actually can catch a limit keep them!
Captain Aaron Hendrickson
  BiG ARN's Charters LLC
 bigarnscharters@gmail.com
       (906)869-3361
   Boat name: BiG ARN ll
 Marquette,MI/Fairport,MI

jigginfins

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 11:12:58 AM »

Bragging Rights!!!!!!!!

Since i hate eating fish, besides a walleye or sunfish once in a while,(prefer cows) if cows not available, I would say bragging rights.

I do keep a few fish for my mother in law sometimes, when its convienent for me (only to keep my wife from bitching at me)

Life is like watching a rod go off, you never no what your gonna get!

Tin Lizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 12:29:25 PM »

Your opening up quite the can of worms here!    Long as your within the states rules and regulations do whatever the hell you want!      I've got a problem with the guys who think its there business to tell a guy on the river he shouldn't be keeping fish or only a small male.  No females.  Blah blah blah.......mind your own damn business and worry about yourself! 

Well put Aaron!!!
Rod

Daybreak

• View Profile
    • Daybreak Charters
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »

Long as your within the states rules and regulations do whatever the hell you want!     

Yep!  Exactly!
Captain John Tomczyk
Daybreak Charters   www.daybreakfish.com
Marquette, MI
Boat Name:"RELENTLESS"

AFFLICTION

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »

Bragging Rights!!!!!!!!

No, I think most times its the other way around... I think the guys who only fish to release them and take a million pictures and  show them off to the world are the ones who are doing it for "bragging rights".  We go catch a limit because we like to eat them and because we can!!!  

BTW- Well put ARNimal!!   ;D

Toolman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »

MMMMMM!!!! Salmon the other pink meat :beer:  (To quote Bob Zaney)
Ray Uimari
Take Three
Marquette, MI

Jighead

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 05:26:21 PM »

Cause we can? What a human thing to say. Obama can, cause yes, we can. lol

Wow, this is too funny.

These comments are off the chart.

BiG ARN

• View Profile
    • www.bubbablade.com
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »

Jiggy............your off the charts man!     LoL
Captain Aaron Hendrickson
  BiG ARN's Charters LLC
 bigarnscharters@gmail.com
       (906)869-3361
   Boat name: BiG ARN ll
 Marquette,MI/Fairport,MI

always gone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »

I gotta get something in return for the price of a license. Plus, it is much easier to clean 5 fish at once than 1 fish on 5 seperate days. There aren't too many fish that find their way back to the lake once they find my net. The ones I let go are mostly when I am by myself and there is no one there to do the dirty work.

The nice thing about owning a boat, the captain has the final say on what stays in the boat and what goes back in the water, so Jighead...you are killing everything you catch next year on my boat :beer:
Adam Petrelius

Yoda

• Take a Kid Fishing
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 08:43:06 AM »

I think I'll stay out of this one Jighead.
Halcyon Charters L.L.C.
Owned and Operated by
John & Paula King
906-630-2206

Jighead

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 09:19:03 AM »

Lol, sounds good. I may have needed to word my statements and questions a little better. Just trying to get everyones take on it. Something for discussion anyway. Everyone seems to be going nuts over salmon fishing. I am guessing a lot, if not most, of the guys on this site are hardcore big lake fishers. I don't see any problem with keeping 5 salmon. Hope everyones salmon fever goes away once their boat hits the water. Good luck to everyone out there.

I did have problems in the past, however, with some guy putting his limit on my limit. That was kinda bogus. I told him I wasn't going to claim the fish if the C.O. came around. No, it wasn't always gone. He is pretty anal about making sure everything is legal, and not being a jerk about things. Wish more people could be like that. Maybe I just had a bad encounter. Most people out there are legit, too legit to quite, hey hey.

Naptime!

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 09:47:49 AM »

Did somebody say "limit"??  Here's a nice limit from yesterday (minus one about three pounds which I gave to the guy who showed me the spot since he didn't do so well).

Yes, this could be bragging, but when somebody else does well I want to hear about it!!  I tell others when I do well, and I also give details when I get skunked.  Half of fishing is the camaraderie which is balanced by friendly competition (and some ribbing once in a while, ok, almost always).

And yes, on the way there the speed limit was broken slightly.  But while fishing the bag limit was adhered to strictly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Legend

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »

Napper,
Teal lake, 3rd bay of the point!!
The Legend
Randy Wetton
COYOTE FEVER FOLKS... EVERYBODY GETS IT!!!!

FiShSkInS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 10:02:15 AM »

Fishing is like drinking.. Nobody's quite sure what there LIMIT is !!  ;D

I did it me

Willie Fairplay

Boat name : NiTrO FiSh

ALL BALLZ FISHING

Home Port: Bare-ing C
Pages: [1] 2