upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Pike action!  (Read 1421 times)

YoungFish

Pike action!
« on: June 06, 2011, 11:30:11 PM »

Fished Kabagum today with Jason. Got out there with a bunch of nice blue gill and rock bass and a few pike when a huge storm came out of no where. We hurried up and sat on a little island for a hour while it passed over then fished on the way back. Caught 2 decent sized pike (for kabagum standards) and one was 36. My best pike! Really fat! I would say about 10+ pounds. Ended up with 12 pike and a nice pile of panfish and only fished for about a hour! Jason got me hooked on using those buzz baits! Something else when a pike nails it at top water. I caught that 36 inch pike on a orange and silver Cleo with 6lb and no wire leader lol. Good good time!

YoungFish

Re: Pike action!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 01:59:42 PM »

Went out again this afternoon and landed 8 pike. Kept three of them. The ones I kept were 24,28, and 35 inches. The other 5 were between 15-23 inches. Any one else doing any good on the pike? Or is everyone too busy chasing Chrome?  ;D

FiShSkInS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 02:40:02 PM »

Heck while i'm fishing for silver i have been picking up some great lakes pike at the same time !! Killing 2 birds with one stone this year !!  :dance2:
Willie Fairplay

Boat name : NiTrO FiSh

ALL BALLZ FISHING

Home Port: Bare-ing C

YoungFish

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:02:04 AM »

Nice! Here is a pic of the 36 incher. Caught another 35 and 30. few others in the high 20's.

[attachment deleted by admin]