upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:00:13 PM 
Started by bleedblue - Last post by gschuetter
Wednesday's pre fish results.  The weather is looking great for this weekend!  Hope to see all of you at Friday's captains meeting, 8pm at the Manistique boat launch pavilion.

on: Today at 11:55:25 AM 
Started by JC-MQT - Last post by JC-MQT
PM sent. Sold to Finn pending payment.  Thanks.

on: July 26, 2017, 05:57:14 PM 
Tuesday's pre fish results attached!

on: July 26, 2017, 04:00:11 PM 
Started by JC-MQT - Last post by jmohunts
Pm sent, I will take it!

on: July 26, 2017, 03:45:34 PM 
Started by JC-MQT - Last post by JC-MQT
Okuma 10ft wire roller rod for sale.
Model: BLT-WR-1002MH

No issues - very good condition. 

Pick up in Marquette.
$60

on: July 26, 2017, 09:22:48 AM 
Started by Vertigo - Last post by backwoodswalker
They should be asked about the dam in republic. For years they close it to raise water level in basin. For one reason only. Republic fishing derby.  When they do this the river water level downstream drops dramatically.  The flow slows way down too.  At Leif Erickson park you can walk across barely getting ankles wet. A couple years ago we canoed witbeck rapids to m95 bridge. Water was low and rocks everywhere. Worse yet was dead fish. I mean lots of them. I think they should look into the damage dine by closing dam.

on: July 26, 2017, 09:13:46 AM 
Started by chum bucket - Last post by backwoodswalker
Yup. The farther north you go. The less deer their are. I really don't know what the reason is. Talked to a bunch of loggers. They say they see hardly any north of m95 time bridge. Asked about wolves and they have not seen any of those either. Hopefully the pendulum will swing the other way.

on: July 25, 2017, 08:48:35 PM 
Started by Oly - Last post by Jfish
So, what "trumps-out", temperature or bait availability?

No fish!

on: July 25, 2017, 02:35:11 PM 
Started by larboc - Last post by Redrover
Back in the 90s a young Mark Martin came to Ishpeming and did a talk on walleyes.

One of the great tips he gave that evening was to take a jig head and bend the hook  up slighly (1/16 to 1/8 inch) to catch those short hitters.

I tried it and it worked great. When I see him someday I am going to thank him.

think of it as a hook held in a vice with teh barb end facing up and you have to slap it without being hooked.
Would you rather slap a standard hook  with the tip facing the viceor the inward pointing eagle claw or the just slightly bent up  (1/16 to 1/8 inch) hook ready to catch your hand as it comes down?

Maybe try a single hook bent up slightly on a spoon for those candy stealers and you may just catch your shoplifter...

on: July 25, 2017, 01:59:35 PM 
Attached are Monday's pre fish results, some real nice fish hit the scale!  Good luck

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10