upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 3# Perch  (Read 15941 times)

Fish-ti-cuffs

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • UPangler
    • Email
Re: 3# Perch
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 06:46:04 AM »

I'm pretty sure the perch on the ouse river are european perch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_perch
I was reading about that river a few months ago and it said something like 60% of the river is sewer effluence, not treated.
They do look like huge perch though.
Brett
Brett Lewis
FishTiCuffs
><))))°>

"It's on like Bing Bong, Jack" --Uncle Si

twosRwild

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 09:32:27 AM »

Very interesting, didn't know they were mutants caught from a septic tank. roll() Guess I'll cancel that trip to England laugh(). Still gotta believe that 3# perch still exist in our part of the world. I have a hunch TBSG by the bay might be the 1st. to post evidence of one. Seems to me that perch are making a comeback and are getting bigger. Fished a Republic area lake yesterday that (almost) always produces, seemed the fish just disappeared and the ones we marked wouldn't bite. Suspected turnover and tried a flowage. At least the fish we marked bit. Thanks for the info. Fish-ti-cuffs.
Who the hell did she tell ya that to?

twosRwild

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2015, 07:14:00 AM »

Been a while, still interested to see if anyone knows anything about a 3# perch being caught or herd of any. TBSG came close with that 2#15oz. one a while back from Bay DE Noc. maybe this year we'll see one!  shock()  Hope everyone had a Merry syphilis and a clappy new year!

twosRwild

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 09:23:37 PM »

Retiring 1/6/17 :dance2: that 3# perch is in trouble now!! Any suggestions or leads will be pursued and greatly appreciated. Won't be disappointed if someone else posts proof of one 1st. Happy Holidays

St Marys Troller

• Two Rivers Coho 13May17
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2016, 03:45:10 PM »

Congrats on the retirement! Good luck in your quest and tight lines!
Poor Boys Outdoors
Joe Picotte
Starcraft 176 Fishmaster
"Gold Troller"
USCG Two Rivers Wisconsin

youp50

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2017, 10:15:18 AM »

I saw one once.  Maybe. 

Early walleye trolling on the Ontonagon River, 20 years ago or so.  A couple of young lads were fishing near the lighthouse, I trolled past a couple of times, every time one would ask if I wanted to see a 18 inch perch.  Up would come the stringer.  I cannot say it was 18 or not, I can say it was as big as the walleyes we had in the cooler.  The fish may have been being stretched as the kid was pulling the fish up for every boat to see.  I am sure at that time he was as proud of a fish as anyone.
Yea, we caught a couple little ones.

twosRwild

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2017, 08:36:23 AM »

Friend of mine got one on the Wisc. river 17 1/4" it just broke 2#'s; (was skinny) if that one had girth??? If i was that kid i would have been proud too! They always look smaller from a distance. may have to try around that lighthouse though. Thanks for the tip!       
Congrats on the retirement! Good luck in your quest and tight lines!
Thanks, now that everyday is Saturday I'm on it!!! :rock:

Al the Infidel

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2017, 08:52:25 AM »

10yrs-ish ago the wife and I collected 6 perch between 14"-15.25" long while fishing walleyes mostly in the summer. An dedicated perch fisherman acquaintance lost while ice fishing, what he swears was a 17"er, in the hole. When fishing just for perch we would get 1/9 over 9", my bar for keepers. Sadly thats no more but I believe there's still a few big ones that have survived the pike and bass in…………AuTrain Lake. Its now saturated with zebra mussels and my walleye catch down 900%.  cry()
Al Johnson~ SEMPER FI

Teggs

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »

A 17 inch perch wins the republic fishing derby every year. I would imagine they are 2#s atleast.

twosRwild

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2017, 09:18:46 AM »

Just got back from a 1 month vac. at Merrill's inlet in S.C., To visit my wife's retired golf bum brother. Dragged a 30' camper and stayed at Ocean-lakes campground. Got a 14 day nonresident SW and 14 day FW fishing licence at only $11.oo each. Fished from shore at low tide at the campground, after getting tired of being skunked I went to Crazy-sister marina and put my name on a list for a charter 10-30 miles off shore 4hrs. trolling and 4hrs. bottom fishing $219.00 per person needed 5 to go, only had 2 others on the list when i had to leave. Went to a dock I found on the Wacamaw river to try some FW fishing again skunked. 2 guy's pulled up to the dock and showed me a cooler full of Bream and Shellcrackers all 9" to 11". (Bl. Gills) to me. View at the campground beach was good (didn't know you could make 10 bikinies from 1 dish rag) :dance2: Thanks Al, Au Train is on my radar, I hope the walleye make a comeback, for you! Teggs, with the right girth (like the ones on Gogibic) could be 3#. I fish quite a bit in Republic area if I get one of those 17" I'll post the weight. Thanks

twosRwild

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2017, 07:26:39 AM »

Trying to sort out rumor that this past weekend there was a tournament on Gogebic. (not the Hog-a-thon that's this coming weekend) Heard a 16.9" perch won the perch division, no weight was given. If true that one could be 3#. Didn't know about that tournament or I would have fished it.Will be fishing the hog-a-thon so I'll snoop then. Any info. appreciated :beer:

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2017, 11:33:53 AM »

Trying to sort out rumor that this past weekend there was a tournament on Gogebic. (not the Hog-a-thon that's this coming weekend) Heard a 16.9" perch won the perch division, no weight was given. If true that one could be 3#. Didn't know about that tournament or I would have fished it.Will be fishing the hog-a-thon so I'll snoop then. Any info. appreciated :beer:

By looking at the results it looks like it was possibly  length + weight

twosRwild

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2017, 07:05:07 AM »

Mr. SnIpEr, I'm not the brightest color in the box with computers. After clicking on your attachment I looked around and couldn't find the results. I scrolled down and found a pic. of a perch on the back of a pickup trk. that was over 3#'s for sure (very cool). Wish I knew how to mess with pictures like that. Thank you for that effort!

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2017, 07:27:38 AM »

Mr. SnIpEr, I'm not the brightest color in the box with computers. After clicking on your attachment I looked around and couldn't find the results. I scrolled down and found a pic. of a perch on the back of a pickup trk. that was over 3#'s for sure (very cool). Wish I knew how to mess with pictures like that. Thank you for that effort!

Cant take the credit for that one. Todd caught it and was 3,000 lbs.  grin()

I found the scoring. Its on the bottom right. Length+weight

twosRwild

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2017, 07:52:38 AM »

Thanks, I will stop in for a burger there and post the weight when I find out. Will also post how things go at Hog-a-thon this weekend. Your the best, thanks again!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4