upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Take a veteran fishing day  (Read 706 times)

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
Take a veteran fishing day
« on: September 12, 2016, 05:06:04 PM »

Its a very special day to say the least. Thanks to all captains, the National Guard, the Red Cross, the Boy Scouts, Marqtran, Food Coordinators, pig roasters, shore help, fish cleaners, Wildflowers LLC, the committee that organizes the event, the chairmen Mike Paluda, Singer Kendra Klien, Viet Nam Veterans Chapter 380, Speaker Craig Salo, and our Corporate Sponsors that bring the money to pay for this great event. Please patronize them whenever possible.  Last but certainly not least, I want to thank all the men and women that served our great country! This is the least we can do! I hope all enjoyed the day! Lets make it bigger and better next year! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!  :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

I cant seem to paste a proper link for William Schuman photography, but if you google it, there are very nice photos of Vets Day and Women and children's fishing tournament.
Andy Allan
Boat Name: Hydro Hooker

Yooperdad

• View Profile
    • Mike's Eyeflies
    • Email
Re: Take a veteran fishing day
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 01:30:36 PM »

That is a great and well deserved "thank you" Andy.  Personally, I don't think we can say enough to recognize all of the boat Captains who so freely give their time, money, and effort to participate in this event.

Many of the veterans who participate with us in this event still deal with PTSD in one form or another.  This is fairly long, but if you have the time I recommend you read the following article.  It will provide some insight into the post-war life of a Viet Nam veteran from northern Wisconsin.

Thanks again to everyone.

https://vvmf.wordpress.com/2016/06/17/vietnam-never-left-him-remembering-a-quiet-hero/
Mike Paluda
Marquette
aka "Yooperdad"
www.eyeflies.com