upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ontario deer hunts?  (Read 825 times)

chum bucket

• Brown Trout Derby 2011
    • View Profile
Ontario deer hunts?
« on: December 31, 2016, 08:14:15 AM »

I've been thinking for several years of going somewhere to deer hunt.  I know there is better deer hunts in places like S. Dakota.  But I'm not one for open country.  I like deep woods.  I have heard that the Dryden area of Ontario experienced heavy winter kills several years ago. 
  Anybody on here still go up north to hunt?  Not looking for your spot, just looking for info.  Even the fishing resorts I call that offer deer hunts say things aren't like they used to be, but are getting better.  Also deer harvest was low there also due to the warm fall, saying more mature bucks for next year.
  Looks like a guy can go for a week and spend around $1100 if he does it himself, or about $2000 semi guided.

Thanks
If I keep up fishing like this, my wife is going to have an intervention for me.

no guarantees

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ontario deer hunts?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 12:07:34 PM »

I've hunted Sioux narrows Ontario before. We used to stay at the Indianhead lodge they were great people and very nice cabins. There also is a hotel down the road a couple of miles with pretty good weekly rates. Both places have food on site or use there grills. Plenty of land to hunt and a variety hunting habitats. I haven't been there in a couple of years but the bucks are big.
Andy Buckmaster
No Guarantees
Mqt,MI