upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2-stroke oil  (Read 778 times)

qbfishon

• View Profile
    • Email
2-stroke oil
« on: January 26, 2017, 06:27:56 PM »

I run a ox66 Yamaha efi 200 outboard I always use yama lube has anyone switched to synthetics like Pennzoil ? thanks
Quinn Barrios
Grady White 208 Adventurer "Q-Boat"
MY HEROES DONT WEAR CAPES, THEY WEAR DOGTAGS

Tin Lizzy

• View Profile
Re: 2-stroke oil
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 08:41:45 PM »

I would stick to OEM oils, they are specifically designed for your motor.  I would stay away from Quaker State or Pennzoil.  The only other oil than OEM i would use would probably be AMS oil.
Rod

youp50

• View Profile
Re: 2-stroke oil
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 04:19:55 PM »

Several decades ago I spent some time in the retail petroleum industry.  We were Mobil branded and purchased from an outfit in Antigo, they added Citgo oils to their product line.  I attended several seminars on Citgo oils.  One of which was about Citgo two cycle oil.  Citgo claimed to be the industry leading refiner of two cycle oils.  The list of customers was impressive.  Citgo refined the base oil and had additives per the customers specification. 

I remember Yamaha was on the list.  It was brought home to me when a pallet of Yamalube snowmobile was accepted for resale.  It was on a brand new pallet branded 'CITGO'.

Since that time, I have been satisfied with Citgo two cycle oil.  I do not have anything near a 200 hp two stroke.   I use Stihl synthetic in my saw due to warranty requirements.
Yea, we caught a couple little ones.