upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cargo trailer reviews  (Read 659 times)

SPOONFED

• View Profile
Cargo trailer reviews
« on: March 07, 2017, 12:11:27 PM »

Looking at purchasing a new 6'x10' single axle enclosed cargo trailer with barn doors in back and one on the side. I have found lots of deals and sellers on-line so that is not the problem. I am looking for reviews on what trailers people have, and any pros or cons. Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance!
Brad Andresen
boat name: SpoonFed
Home Port : Marquette

SnIpEr

• View Profile
Re: Cargo trailer reviews
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 03:26:04 PM »

I have a 6x10 U.S Cargo single axle V front with the drop gate/side door with leaf springs that I use for my ice fishing stuff. My tundra and ice shacks fit in it perfect. Trailer is 8ish years old and is starting to rot out pretty bad and the leafs have had to be replaced and has had abnormal tire wear with the leafs. 99% of the trailers life has been towed around the U.P in the salt so it is to be expected.  If you are planning on towing stuff around in the winter I would go with aluminum with the torsion axles.  As far as brands you get what you pay for. That being said, any steel trailer is going to rot out unless you have the means to wash it every trip.

BoSeafus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 08:58:41 AM »

I just went through this last winter Brad. Ryan is right, but plan on paying for Aluminum.
I researched and looked at about all of them I think. Absolutley agree, you get what you pay for. That being said, I bought new and didn't pay a ton. U.S. Cargo, Wells Cargo, Haulmark and Pace all seemed to be about the same. There's a guy in Wausau that sells MTI's new for pretty cheap and will even deliver. Didn't find much for reviews on those, but spoke to him at length.
They all seem to have #3500 axles, 3/8 walls and 3/4 treated floors. Biggest decision is torsion or leaf.
Badger Trailer in Green Bay gave me a good deal on a Pace 7x16 V-Nose which is about 18' long. Seamless, undercoated, LED's, etc.
3 year warranty. Between the warranty and what used go for, it was a no brainer. Very happy with it so far, but time will tell. Its only made half a dozen trips to the Keewenaw with a couple Mtn sleds in it.
Jeff Branam

Marquette, Mi

Super Yooper

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 09:54:34 PM »

I've ran a handful of trailers from the King Company in Wausau that deals MTI now.  I just purchased a 7x20 mti for my decoy trailer last summer.  Steel does need to be washed after every trip in the winter but aluminum will also corrode but not as quickly.  I had the aluminum sheeting on a enclosed trailer corrode thru after several years of use.  As far as construction, my MTI is middle of the road for the cheaper built trailers.  I've had no issues with it and I think it has dexter axles.  My united was not made as well.  I looked at several other trailers that were much better build but we're also more than what I wanted to spend.  This MTI seems to be a good balance of materials/construction and price.
Bill Artwich
22' Starcraft Islander - "Fish Flu"
Iron River, MI