upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: GCDIC directed EPA moves...  (Read 899 times)

Dire Wolf

• View Profile
GCDIC directed EPA moves...
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:48:39 AM »

You can expect a pretty steady cascade of this type of story for the next four years...

http://start.att.net/news/read/category/finance/article/the_associated_press-ap_exclusive_pesticide_maker_tries_to_scrap_risk_s-ap

youp50

• View Profile
Re: GCDIC directed EPA moves...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 11:27:09 AM »

This causes an uneasy confusion.  I have little faith in big business studies.  The EPA has moved so far to the left that I suspect spin on everything they do.  Too bad we can't have a believable government agency or an truly independent group.
Yea, we caught a couple little ones.

Dire Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:13:58 AM »

Actually, it is really too bad that the burden of proof regarding overall human safety for herbicides, pesticides, pharmacueticals, etc. consumed by the Public falls on government agencies with limited resources to screen and ensure safety for the broader populace.

Did you ever consider that the folks making billions off a compound over its lifetime should actually bear the full burden of proof regarding it's overall safety? It's not really a right or left issue, just common sense...but then again, I'm not much on vast conspiracies or the whole "Deep State" thing.

Too bad, on an individual basis as well as a broader populace, we have "lost" the ability to evaluate scientific data and determine it's conclusion(s)!

youp50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 11:05:38 AM »

Would you really trust a corporation that stands to make billions from a compound to truly test its safe application or consumption?

And countering a government agency's willingness to truly be a watch dog for the populace we have the EPA.  For some reason they decided a road from Eagle Mine to Humbolt was 'bad'.  "We said it and our decision is not subject to review by a court."

Soon we will see the 'hands off' policy on Isle Royale moose/wolf population dynamics change.  Wolves are 'needed' on the island to control the moose population.  The reality of it is wolves are needed on the island so I can get paid to study the interactions.  No wolves, no job.

Far too many cases of business and agencies looking out for themselves.  Not a conspiracy theory at all, just a lifetime of skeptical observations.

There is little doubt that government agencies' budgets pale in comparison to big business.
Yea, we caught a couple little ones.

MikeM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:57 PM »

President Obama goes to Europe to push his agenda. Europe believes global warming has stalled. So President Obama turns to NOAA. NOAA at that point comes up with a report showing global warming has not stalled. Turns the Euro scientists upside down. The President gets what he is looking for. Afterwards a whistle blower comes out claiming NOAA tweaked the numbers. Which depending on who you read, may, or may not be legit. Comes down to the difference between ships and buoys measuring the temps. And something like a 1.3 degree change over several years.
 Wonder why there is doubters? Who do we believe? Follow the money? Where does NOAA get it's money from? Is there anyone left telling the truth? If so, how would I know who they are?

Dire Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »

President Obama goes to Europe to push his agenda. Europe believes global warming has stalled. So President Obama turns to NOAA. NOAA at that point comes up with a report showing global warming has not stalled. Turns the Euro scientists upside down. The President gets what he is looking for. Afterwards a whistle blower comes out claiming NOAA tweaked the numbers. Which depending on who you read, may, or may not be legit. Comes down to the difference between ships and buoys measuring the temps. And something like a 1.3 degree change over several years.
 Wonder why there is doubters? Who do we believe? Follow the money? Where does NOAA get it's money from? Is there anyone left telling the truth? If so, how would I know who they are?

I realize that none of these will result in FauX News offering up a clarification or correction:

https://mediamatters.org/research/2017/02/07/bogus-daily-mail-story-spearheads-latest-right-wing-assault-climate-change-science/215257

http://www.snopes.com/2017/02/08/noaa-scientists-climate-change-data/

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/02/no-data-manipulation-at-noaa/

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060049630

Dire Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 04:47:00 PM »

Would you really trust a corporation that stands to make billions from a compound to truly test its safe application or consumption?

And countering a government agency's willingness to truly be a watch dog for the populace we have the EPA.  For some reason they decided a road from Eagle Mine to Humbolt was 'bad'.  "We said it and our decision is not subject to review by a court."

Soon we will see the 'hands off' policy on Isle Royale moose/wolf population dynamics change.  Wolves are 'needed' on the island to control the moose population.  The reality of it is wolves are needed on the island so I can get paid to study the interactions.  No wolves, no job.

Far too many cases of business and agencies looking out for themselves.  Not a conspiracy theory at all, just a lifetime of skeptical observations.

There is little doubt that government agencies' budgets pale in comparison to big business.

I can always rely on you for conflation practiced on a grand scale...   You might want to read the EPA response to the Woodland Road construction initiative...I did. There were a broad array of issues from destruction of specific wooded wetland habitats that are rare, to interference with migration corridors for mammals to bird nesting issues along the corridor during both construction and use.

But my favorite is when you ask Mr. Iwanicki how the Count Road Commission can maintain and repair it existing road network, he will launch into a lengthy diatribe about how they can't under current funding levels..  So, If the county can't repair and maintain the road network that exists currently, why are the advocating for more?  Stu Bradley could be also accused of cooking the numbers on fuel savings as well, since he did not do the calculations over the interval based on when the road would actually go into service to the point where the mine was scheduled to close.   Now, that interval shrinks by the year...but the lawsuit group's coffers continue to grow (acutally no one knows, since there is absolutely no transparency regarding who is involved in the organization and who is funding it.  I am willing to offer three names from 
initial filing.

Dire Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 05:01:05 PM »

Actually, if you really want to have some fun, read the Golf-Course-Developer-in-Chief's AP interview transcript on his listing of his  accomplishments from his first 100 days in office. They actually attempted to publish it verbatim, but the English language failed in scope, syntax, punctuation, sentence structure, train-of-thought, and most importantly, reason. The ended-up summarizing vast sections as "unintelligible"- pretty damn accurate assessment!

There is a lot of red meat in that conversation...

A three million plus a pop, who is willing to bet that he can wipe-out his claimed savings on the Lockheed F-35 production cost simply via his visits to Mara-Lago over the next four years-if he holds the office that long?  Any takers?

MikeM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 05:15:15 PM »

I realize that none of these will result in FauX News offering up a clarification or correction:

https://mediamatters.org/research/2017/02/07/bogus-daily-mail-story-spearheads-latest-right-wing-assault-climate-change-science/215257

http://www.snopes.com/2017/02/08/noaa-scientists-climate-change-data/

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/02/no-data-manipulation-at-noaa/

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060049630

10 words in and I lost interest. As soon as the name calling and fake names come out, I am done.

Dire Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 05:37:48 PM »

They all document that "Mexico will pay for the wall"-Mitch McConnell lied!!