upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fairport: Any salmon showing up off Fairport or Manistique yet? Should be time  (Read 4705 times)

Perch2_Fayette

• New Guy
    • View Profile

Any salmon action in Delta Co yet?
Lets go Fishing!!

chum bucket

• Brown Trout Derby 2011
    • View Profile

Fished out of Menominee on Friday evening.  Marked several bait balls.  But no hits.  Was surprised, water surface temp ranged from 72 to 66 degrees.
If I keep up fishing like this, my wife is going to have an intervention for me.

Tightlip

• New Guy
    • View Profile

Fished off of st. Martins Thursday it was flat and a nice day for a boat ride one small bait ball and no bites was hoping to pick up a steelhead or something

Perch2_Fayette

• New Guy
    • View Profile

Hmmm.... I'll have check some locals if the Salmon are moving in.  No Manistique post yet either. huh()
Lets go Fishing!!

THE BAIT SHOP GUY

• View Profile
    • Email

Had one report of a king and a couple lakers from out of Mano, Saturday morning.
CHRIS WAHL - BAY VIEW BAIT and TACKLE

Little Bay de Noc fish-a-holic

"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it."

Top 40 Charters

• New Guy
  • Sportfishing and Guided Waterfowl Hunts
    • View Profile

We made the run over to Fairport yesterday morning.  Hooked up a couple, despite the big rollers that were still out there.  Had to run back before the storms hit, so didn't get to fish all day.

Salmon Buster CFO-S took one fish on a 75 copper, the other came on a Finn Frog Eggs down 56 on a rigger.
Top 40 Charters

Find us on Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/top40charters/

Perch2_Fayette

• New Guy
    • View Profile

Thanks for posting and great pic of Kings.  Encouraging to see Kings showing up again with the negative forecasts for Salmon and forage base.  Warmer water should send them North to Fairport and Mano a little earlier this year.  I checked the posts from Mano last year and the big catches and biggest fish came last week of June-1st week of July. I'll be there in about 2 1/2 weeks docked in Fairport.  Got some new gear to try out, as if I need more!     
Lets go Fishing!!

chum bucket

• Brown Trout Derby 2011
    • View Profile

Went fishing this morning off the lighthouse at the mouth of the Menominee River.   There were schools of what I believe to be alwives jumping all over.  They were 3 to 4 inch long silver bait fish.  Going to try and get out with a friend.  Should be salmon here if not the browns should be in close.
If I keep up fishing like this, my wife is going to have an intervention for me.

All-the-time

• New Guy
    • View Profile

Fished Manistique Tuesday and there were a lot of boats at the launch site. We got a late start, launched at about 8:15 AM, went out to the buoy near Wiggens Point and put gear in east of the can in 90' of water. Ended up with a nice King on the dipsy within the first 30 minutes but then it took a couple hours before we got a steelie.  Quit around 1:00 Pm and we had one break off a line and one that spit the hook so we finished 2 for 4.  Not great but a nice calm day and we came back with something to eat. Saw several others at the fish cleaning station with some nice fish.

fishfan1964

• View Profile
    • Email

ive got friends that have been slaying the salmon out of mano

Vertigo

• View Profile

Got a report today at least 1 boat in Fairport lost most of their gear in aNet part way down summer island following the same track line they ran saturday. Sounds like they were lucky to have side cutters there and at the ready.
Kevin Goodman

Legend

• View Profile
    • Email

Not sure slaying is the word I would use. There are some salmon being caught in mano and fairport.
The Legend
Randy Wetton
COYOTE FEVER FOLKS... EVERYBODY GETS IT!!!!

jmohunts

• View Profile

"Slaying" A salmon maybe, heard there was a skunk outbreak going on down there, compared to normal years.
Maybe slaying some beers!!!
"SMOKE -N- FINN"
ALUMACRAFT CUSTOM TROPHY 18

Perch2_Fayette

• New Guy
    • View Profile

Fished 4th of July week a couple of trips in the morning.  plenty of bait balls on the graph. We put a couple of 15-20 lb Kings in the box each trip, but lighting forced us off on half our trips which were only 2-4 hours.  Slower than normal years for sure and last year. We avg two mature kings per trip. 3 for 4, 2 for 3 and 1 for 2, but size is good.  Just spoke to the Peterson's  25 lb took the biggest fish Saturday.  Some guys got em and some didn't in the SAt tourney

I saw the net on graph, but luckily avoided it off big summer.  Fish are quite shallow this year. Same place I caught them 30 years ago.

Lets go Fishing!!

Dire Wolf

• View Profile

Has the Hexagenia sp. hatch started in full force?  I saw a few Ephemera sp. down there the week before the Fourth Holiday weekend.
Pages: [1] 2