upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Proposed New Regs for CPL  (Read 892 times)

uptrapper

• New Guy
    • View Profile
Proposed New Regs for CPL
« on: June 19, 2017, 06:35:23 PM »

New proposed state regulations would do away with licensing and apparently the required CPL course that is currently required to gat a CPL.  I found the course very valuable and am concerned about its elimination.  Anybody else concerned about this?

Dire Wolf

• View Profile
Re: Proposed New Regs for CPL
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 06:56:39 AM »

Tommy C. was on TV last night stating that this was too liberal and there would be an amendment made to include firearms training...

Redrover

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 11:04:06 AM »

I hope there is training.

I don't care where i have been and who I have shot with on ranges and out in the woods at camps etc..

It seems at the most innoppotune time if the pistol has somethng go wrong it is amazing how quickly that pistol barrel can be pointed at you.

Combine that with an emotionally charged situation and even the best can have something go really bad really fast.

I really like the idea of a state shooting range going in Marquette County but in that same thought you are really gonna have to watch your back...

backwoodswalker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 08:28:36 AM »

I have been thinking about this a lot. I took the classes a long time ago. I learned s lot at the "legal" part of class. I talked to my wife and decided not to get my cpl. After serving 4 years in the army and seeing and doing things that are burned into my mind forever. I am afraid I might use weapon as in past. Both my sons and daughter carry. I hope and pray people with "problems" like me search their hearts and soles before carrying. I hope they keep training mandatory for cpl. I believe we all have the right to defend ourselves and loved ones. Just hope this don't open up a Pandora box of bad.  Steve

THE BAIT SHOP GUY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 02:15:29 PM »

13 states currently have constitutional carry, and the streets aren't running red with blood.

On one hand, I like'd to think that anyone committed to carrying, would at least get some basic training.

On the other hand, a legal gun owner shouldn't have to ask the States permission, and pay a fee, to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.

For what it's worth, if anyone around Escanaba is interested in getting their CPL, I still have a certificate for a CPL class at the Great Lakes Sport and Rec club. $80, (normally $125.)
CHRIS WAHL - BAY VIEW BAIT and TACKLE

Little Bay de Noc fish-a-holic

"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it."

Al the Infidel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »

The smart person would get some training, the less than smart ask for some help from someone a lot more experienced willing to spend some time with them at the very least. The wife has a friend whose son gave her a pistol to protect herself with absolutely zero training. She doesn't know a thing about the gun.

An armed society is a more polite society.
Al Johnson~ SEMPER FI