upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2018 TTN/KOTN potential format  (Read 473 times)

SnIpEr

• View Profile
2018 TTN/KOTN potential format
« on: July 17, 2017, 07:32:54 AM »

Hi all,

Putting a potential format together for 2018 and here is what I have... So far

New-
Southern Swing.  Southern swing will include the ports of Escanaba, Manisitique and Cheyboygan.

As in the past, the season Champ will be the best 3 scores again but in order to qualify a southern boat must fish at least 1 northern event and vise versa.

Now, it gets interesting,

NEW-

TTN KOTN Shootout,

Top 10 boats boats in the regular season points will fish for 3 fish the Sunday of the Fall Classic. Of your 3 chosen fish there must be 1 salmon to qualify. (BIG $$ PRIZE) More to come on this but it will be good. this will be a 6 rod event and ALL BOATS WILL BE PROVIDED A OBSERVER

Also, with the lack of interest in the TTN trout this year will probably be the last year for trout.

Any feedback is welcome so please let me know what you think.

Thanks

MikeM

• Mods
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TTN/KOTN potential format
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 10:28:28 AM »

Might I suggest not separating trout and salmon? Give more chances to score points. Maybe it will keep more teams in a competitive position. Ports like Escanaba does not separate trout from salmon. Lake Superior ports have to. But say you go to a port that does separate. And you manage to place in both. Give the points of both. It would add decisions to be made. At ports that charge per class, it may help the event holder by getting people to sign up for both classes, rather than one. One of those decisions that will need to be made by the team. Do we have enough salmon in the boat? Do we go after trout the rest of the day? Is it easier to catch trout in Lake Superior? Yes. But it is also just as hard to win trout class. Since everyone else is catching trout as well.

I would also consider show up points. 5, 10, whatever. Just for showing up to fish. A team who shows up and supports more events should be rewarded in some way. This too may help the event holders. Who do need the support to keep having the events.

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 11:12:00 AM »

I understand. Ideally I would like to have the TTN 333 format but its impossible with the size discrepancy between trout and salmon in Superior and the big reef being in bounds for Munising.  That being said there is only a handful of boats in each event fishing trout for the TTN so it kind of makes it a head scratcher as to if its worth having it or not. We have a long time to figure things out.

MikeM

• Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 11:37:11 AM »

I am not suggesting weighing trout against salmon. Lets take Munising since it is a port you mentioned. Lets say one guy goes out to the big reef and wins trout, Highline goes to his not so secret place and wins salmon. They both get first place points. But Highline caught all his salmon early, chased some trout, and ended up in 4th. He also gets 4th place points. The big reef guy didn't catch any salmon, so no other points.  I do not remember your scoring. But say it is 1000 points for first and 400 points for 4th. Highline gets 1400 points, the other team gets 1000 points.

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 12:08:10 PM »

It all boils down to simplicity. I cant make it to every event and cant even plan to fish until the fridays before most events so the way it is set up now works good as the only thing I need is the finishing order and then I can figure points from there. Scotty that runs the TT uses the TT $$ to make a living and travels to every event with scales and everything. I dont make a dime off TTN and just do it for guys to have fun. Working 70-80hrs a week puts a damper on the things we could do with the TTN but nobody then again nobody has time. So, unless a bunch of guys want to pony up with their time, buy a scale and trailer about the only option we have is the way it is set up now with a shootout at the end for everyone that made it in the top 10. The TTN champ will still be the points leader.

MikeM

• Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 12:12:58 PM »

I get what you are saying now.

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »

Somehow I responded as you and now your message is gone? wtf.

I get what you are saying now. Good idea. Thx

MikeM

• Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »

Wow. That is strange.