News:

Author Topic: Browns  (Read 1068 times)

chum bucket

• Brown Trout Derby 2011
    • View Profile
Browns
« on: September 08, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »

Been casting off the lighthouse in Menominee with no luck
So I headed up by the dam.  Picked up a nice brown on Tuesday and one again this morning.  Nice fat fish.  Plenty of spawn for the fall now.  Grilled Tuesday's fish last night. 
Thing is I don't think these are the Wildrose strain we used to get early.  Today's fish had both pectoral fins clipped.   I wonder if this is the Sturgeon River strain MI started planting?

If I keep up fishing like this, my wife is going to have an intervention for me.

chum bucket

• Brown Trout Derby 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Browns
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 05:42:17 PM »

Well...thought I'd give an update.  Sitting with da wife in her bear blind.  She gets the tag I somehow end up doing all the work.
Anyway. Brown fishing has been tough.  Last got one on the 14th.  The river went from 61 degrees to 72 last Friday.  Hope things get back to normal. 
Just wish I new more about the different strains.  I kept those first fish for spawn and they are great.  I attached some more photos of the diff kind of browns I've gotten.

If I keep up fishing like this, my wife is going to have an intervention for me.

Yooper Padre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 02:27:17 PM »

They really are beautiful fish!
Fr. Jeffrey Kurtz
Watersmeet, MI

whiteymalone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 05:38:23 PM »

Very nice fish! If the first, second, and fourth fish were caught in Lake Superior, the anglers that caught them would swear up and down that they were Atlantic salmon. I've looked at no less than 50 pictures of browns caught in Lake Superior this year that the angler that landed them swore were Atlantics. Keep doing what you're doing, looks like it's working out well!
Dan Webb
Boat: Webb-Cast.Net
Home Port: Cinder Pond Marina

FishKnocker

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Tackle & Outfitting
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 09:48:08 AM »

awesome catch, thanks for posting! nice to see the browns in the menominee  wink()
FishKnocker