upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: It's getting close!  (Read 764 times)

chum bucket

• Brown Trout Derby 2011
    • View Profile
It's getting close!
« on: October 31, 2017, 04:15:07 PM »

Thought I'd give a quick report while sitting in my deer blind. 
I had lots of activity this morning.   Saw 5 diff doe and 2 spike horns came in strutting  around and chasing the doe's around.  This is in the Sagola Mansfield area.  Everyday should just get better.  Still not finding scrapes or rubs around here.  But in Menominee County I've had active scrapes for about 10 days.
Pic of a public land buck in Sagola.

If I keep up fishing like this, my wife is going to have an intervention for me.

Blacklab

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: It's getting close!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 08:10:12 PM »

Must be nice.  :nuts:

Dire Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 06:02:23 AM »

Several new scrapes and rubs near my blind sites when I packed-in bait. Marked change prior the week I took off to chase ducks during the snow and rain. Need to check the rut calculator!  Good luck, CB, I used to tent camp west of you over by Peavey Pond until four years ago. Good deer country, just ask the twenty slobs from Wisconsin that leave their garbage everywhere there now!  I thought that a visit from the MDNR would maybe turn them around...but nope!

Al the Infidel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 11:12:55 PM »

Can't get into the deer shack this year....fattened em up for nothing.
Al Johnson~ SEMPER FI

Blacklab

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 11:26:12 PM »

Hey Al, if you need a shooter I'll come put some meat on the table.

chum bucket

• Brown Trout Derby 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 06:19:56 AM »

Dire this will be my first year gun hunting in the area.  I'm actually in Mansfield off of Old 69.  I've been muzzle load hunting this area for 5 years. 
I've run in to some interesting people even during that hunt.  Last year someone shot a fork horn and left it in the woods to waste. I found it on the first Monday after opening weekend 40 yards behind my pop up blind.  Shot perfectly behind shoulder.  We all make mistakes, but a waste of the animal pissed me off. 
I came to find out that the guy from IL whose property is to the east of me.  Built a shack on the state land and access it through his property.   I figured I was 200 yards away from his line.
Hope gun season goes better.  I've moved to a new spot.  But I've been lucky.  I've had a beautiful English Setter and bird hunter on my deer cam.  Twice I've had ATV's follow my walking path and drive across my feed.  But no one stole my camera....yet.
If I keep up fishing like this, my wife is going to have an intervention for me.

Blacklab

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »

:usa: hey big Al, do you need a shooter or not because if nothing else we can toe-to-toe at 440 yrds for something to do if you get bored.  :poke:

Dire Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 06:36:43 AM »

These are legal under the combo. license.  Josh's buck was killed earlier outside of Cedar, Mi in the permanent APR area in northwestern lower Michigan...