upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A productive outing - 2/26/17  (Read 527 times)

catchafew

• View Profile
A productive outing - 2/26/17
« on: December 28, 2017, 11:28:36 PM »

Tuesday was very cold (-5 high) as you know but we had the entire lake to ourselves.  It was bluebird skies with mild nw winds.  On this 1000 acre lake we fished 29 fow for about 3.5 hours and we ended the day at 10:30am. 

I dead-sticked half my limit and I fished the same jig and trailer all day. Fish were tentative and difficult to commit. I'm a huge fan of tungsten jigs in deep water.  I'm also a huge fan of spring bobbers like the ones shown below, they're so sensitive.  Guide Guy Shipley and Gus out of Bergland got me hooked on these spring bobbers.

My buddy fished plastics, waxies and would suspend crappie minnows 8' off bottom and drew vicious strikes from schools of crappie pushing through.

We both limited out on crappie.  Fish and shore lunch type potatoes were enjoyed by 8 of us tonight.  It was too cold to move around, we fished the same holes all day.

THE BAIT SHOP GUY

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: A productive outing - 2/26/17
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 03:01:34 PM »

Aww man, you're making me hungry!

Those Teeter Pig spring bobbers are the best! You can see your wiggler swimming in 30 feet of water! Gus is quite the character.
CHRIS WAHL - BAY VIEW BAIT and TACKLE

Little Bay de Noc fish-a-holic

"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it."

Steel249er

• New Guy
    • View Profile
Re: A productive outing - 2/26/17
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 05:23:22 PM »

What a great catch. Gus and Nettie's tetter pig bobbers are hands down the best spring bobbers out there. So sensitive and durable. I have had 2 that have lasted 5 years and I'm sure they will last several more!