upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fairport  (Read 6660 times)

Bad Habit

• View Profile
    • Email
Fairport
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:06:57 AM »

Any recent reports out of Fairport?  Heading down Thursday-Saturday for the first trip of the season  :rock: and was hoping to hear a decent report.
Nathaniel Kudwa
Boat Name: "Bad Habit"
Crystal Falls, MI
www.eyeflies.com
www.finnspoons.com

BoSeafus

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fairport
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:17:44 AM »

There are plenty of fish there! 90-100fow, 60-75 down was best for us. Spoons in blues/purples and Mikes eyeflies behind a spin doctor off the wire worked well.
Jeff Branam

Marquette, Mi

tripper

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 04:16:18 PM »

Caught two @ 12lbs and two @7lbs early Monday a.m. 5:15 to 5:45 and that was it, no more hits. one at 40ft, two at 50 and one at 60 on four different lures in 100fow.  Seems like when there hitting anything works.  Did not mark any after 6, I would like to know where they go all at once.

chrisf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 05:38:34 PM »

i fished all last week seemed purple haze meat rig behind a spin doctor did the trick and a tangy toad spoon on the rigger was pretty hot also
Chris Fassbender
Sportcraft fishmaster 232
Boat name: spoontang

Fairport Marina

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »

Coming up Wed looking forward to fishing with dad, and taking out MY BOAT, hope dad hasn't screw :dance: it up to bad...JK I think I miss my old man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rich Jr
I fish there for I lie (except to you all!!!) Rich Jr

Bad Habit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 03:58:20 PM »

Thanks for the reports guys.  Anyone know where to get meat?  Ranger at the Garden Sport Shop?
Nathaniel Kudwa
Boat Name: "Bad Habit"
Crystal Falls, MI
www.eyeflies.com
www.finnspoons.com

chrisf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 05:40:38 PM »

when i was down ther we were using the felt strips because we couldnt find any meat and they were working good but nothing beats the real thing!
Chris Fassbender
Sportcraft fishmaster 232
Boat name: spoontang

RECON

• New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 06:58:18 PM »

We made our first trip over last Sun. Only had a shaker and a L. Trout. Thought we were too early til we saw the guys in the Proline come in. Nice catch! We'll be back. Tight lines to all.
RECON
23' Seaswirl
Powers, Mi

tangent_vector

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 11:28:45 AM »

7 for 7 thursday nite, 10 for 13 by 930 this am. 

8 fish were in the 10-15 pound range.  One 10 lb steelhead on a full core.

Spoons on riggers caught most fish, 50-60 feet down.
Keith

Legend

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 12:21:16 PM »

Nice job Keith,
Was gonna run down this morning, but looked at the weather and decided it was south wind thought it was gona be getting windy. Looked at the winds in fairport at 2 and it was 10 knot so slept in and at 330 am it started to rain.
Did any of the thunder storms roll thru there or did they stay north?
The Legend
Randy Wetton
COYOTE FEVER FOLKS... EVERYBODY GETS IT!!!!

tangent_vector

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 01:10:26 PM »

It was windy this morning, but not all that rough.  Maybe 2 footers..  I could run at 25 mph through the waves without pounding-- did have to troll with the main to keep the autopilot from misbehaving. 

The guy at Garden corners said most did really well Thursday a.m. As well.

All the rain stayed north, just barely.  I watched the first three cells on the wx radar run across the mainland this a.m., and at 9 am it was raining up towards Barque's point, but nothing down around the islands.
Keith

tangent_vector

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 01:52:38 PM »

BTW, no herring strips at Garden Corners on Thursday afternoon.  Said he's got some coming--8 bucks a pack   shock().
Keith

BottomFeeder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 02:53:30 PM »

Went Thursday evening 3-5 with all 3 around 13-14 lbs. Friday morning 6-7 with the biggest around 15. All fish on C14's, Happee Meals, and Red Flounders. Lost a nice one at the boat when it wrapped around a rigger cable and took my Slide Diver and Red Flounder with it. Wish we could have made it out a little earlier Friday but it was howling pretty good and I did feel like heading out in the dark. Dropped lines at 5:15  and had three fish in 15 minutes. After that we had to work for them. We had a group come into Peterson's field at about 2am acting like total fu?$ing morons so we didn't get much sleep. How is camping at Dick's during the week? Are there people there yelling like insane asylum inmates or is it more mellow?
Joel Tervo
Bottom Feeder
2007 Starcraft Superfisherman 180 Limited

Frank

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 03:18:29 PM »

Just got back, didn't fish this morning (Friday), but did well every time we went out since last Saturday. Gave herring strips a good try, but they did not produce much for me, but I don't have much experience with them either. Spoons off riggers with and without SWR's, dipsey-spinney-fly, cores and copper all produced. No dawn patrols, quit by 8 PM every night, but we had plenty of fish, no slugs, biggest about #14, but lots of 12-13. 75' down on riggers was good, 220 back (on #3) was good on the wire dipseys. Lost a large fish on Thursday at the boat that hit in 65' of water, but most action for us was 85-110',north and south. Non-glow streaks once the sun was bright worked well, Blue & Green Dolphin, Monkey Puke, all the regular stuff. Best moonshines for us were Happy Meal, Bloody Nose, Flounder Pounder, (but I've got a bunch that look great in the box that didn't make it to the water). Beer consumption was fairly moderate, but no danger of dehydration. Lost quite a bit of gear, dipsey/flasher/fly just broke off, bad spot on my braid, 300' of copper with a spoon, maybe tangled with a fish, or a big bite, not sure, flasher fly on a large fish in the rigger cable, last seen swimming north, green e-chip, in case anyone finds it. As usual, great time, fun people, and awesome fishing.
Frank Schultz
Apple Man

LakerTaker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 03:25:38 PM »

sounds like a great time :beer: .  it always sucks losing gear but sometimes it cant be avoided. i was trying to get down there this weekend but work gets in the way.  :mad:     hopefully someone would catch that king thats dragging around 50 bucks in his mouth. ive never heard of it happening but that would be cool. it would make a hell of a story lol.
Jason Benam
boat name: Spoontang
Marquette, MI
Pages: [1] 2 3