upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Schweitzer  (Read 1694 times)

UPHAWKEYE

• View Profile
Schweitzer
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:47:01 AM »

Finally got out on Schweitzer for the first time and for not knowing the lake, didnt do too bad.  Caught a variety of fish.  Perch, crappie, small mouth, Rock bass and pike.  No keeper but just glad I found fish.  2 friends in another boat landed a 17 in smallie.  Thing was a pig.  I ended up leavin before them and regret doing so.  They ended up finding a ton of crappie.  Boated around 50 with 19 keepers before running out of bait.  Ill be going back there soon.
Brad R. Little Lake

reidabis

• So thats hows its gonna be...
    • View Profile
    • U.P.P.F.C.
Re: Schweitzer
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »

That is a fun lake, I would recommend not trying to troll, I've tried to troll to many times, you'll make it about 10 feet and get snagged every time. It is a nice lake to fish not to many boats, which is always nice. Have fun maybe I'll see you out there!
Capt. Reid DeRosie
www.LakeSuperiorSportFishing.com
boat name:QuincyD

UPHAWKEYE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:11:50 PM »

The worst thing about that lake, the road to it.  M35 isnt bad but after you turn off that, it gets pretty bumpy.  When your out there, look for me, Ill be in a 17', red and white Four Winns with a bow mount trolling motor.  Odds are good I will have an extra beer to share. :beer:
Brad R. Little Lake

UPHAWKEYE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 08:55:42 AM »

That lake is close to my new house..If you have any spare crappies ill trade you for some spare salmon  :beer:

Done deal.  Ill let you know when I get some.  Gonna try to get out there this weekend.
Brad R. Little Lake