upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Rare Buck  (Read 25808 times)

Naptime!

• View Profile
    • Email
Rare Buck
« on: November 18, 2010, 09:00:33 PM »

This nice little buck was harvested last night, had a nice running shot at 80 yards.  The RARE part, it was a 100% Fair Chase hunt:  no food plot, no heater, no blind, no bait pile, etc. :beer:  I guess the high powered rifle isn't exactly fair, but nobody's perfect.

[attachment deleted by admin]

little buddy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rare Buck
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:07:08 PM »

I don't think that is rare, more and more people bait now a days, but there is a handfull that still don't.  If your a smart hunter, plus in the right place at the right time you will be successful.  Congrats on the Kill! :beer:
adam
Adam
Little Buddy
Id rather be lucky than good!

FiShSkInS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:07:46 AM »

I split my hunting time up 50/50... When the conditions are right i like to stalk my pray and when there not i like to sit in my heated blind !! Where i hunt there is no way i could take a 80 yd shot at a running deer ! Unless it was running down a road..  grin()  ... Congrats on the shot !
Willie Fairplay

Boat name : NiTrO FiSh

ALL BALLZ FISHING

Home Port: Bare-ing C

phlounder

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 10:04:07 AM »

Judging by the hole in the side, an 80 yd running shot with a CANNON!  Very nice work and high marks on your 2010 Fair Chase White-Tailed-Buck-Deer! :beer:
Jason Niskanen

reidabis

• So thats hows its gonna be...
    • View Profile
    • U.P.P.F.C.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 10:05:27 AM »

NICE SHOOTIN TEX!
Capt. Reid DeRosie
www.LakeSuperiorSportFishing.com
boat name:QuincyD

WickedWonder

• New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 11:06:16 AM »

I wouldn't say that's very rare. I hunt that way all the time and i see more deer than anybody around me :rock:. Great job on the 80yard Running Shot though!

FiShSkInS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 12:43:08 PM »

By the looks of the size of that hole, i think you overcooked him and is not as RARE as you think !   grin()
Willie Fairplay

Boat name : NiTrO FiSh

ALL BALLZ FISHING

Home Port: Bare-ing C

Naptime!

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 06:07:22 PM »

Ok, points are well taken. He is not rare, but shall we say he is at least in the minority?

As far as the hole in him goes, I did get three quick shots and I think they all hit the same spot! :kick:

Legend

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 10:04:30 PM »

Come on   3 shots in the same hole!!!   yea right napper

You were probably hunting in between two baiters and he was making his way to the next spot. You bait don't you if I remember your bow season stories. Don't pick on the baiters, some of them are masters of their craft!!
The Legend
Randy Wetton
COYOTE FEVER FOLKS... EVERYBODY GETS IT!!!!

Naptime!

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 02:15:48 AM »

Randy, despite all of your practice, at this point you are only an Apprentice-Baiter......

All I am saying is that this was a Fair Chase buck, which nowadays is in the vast minority.

reidabis

• So thats hows its gonna be...
    • View Profile
    • U.P.P.F.C.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 10:54:24 AM »

Legend you got it all wrong: baiters are not masters at the craft of baiting
Rather they are Master Baiters  :dance:
Sorry but that had to be said...
Capt. Reid DeRosie
www.LakeSuperiorSportFishing.com
boat name:QuincyD

Michlw39

• New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »

"Fair chase" is a term that doesn't have an official, defined definition. No matter what you do, there's always another level someone else is doing that makes them "better" than you. You use a gun, someone else uses a crossbow and they're "better" than you; you use a crossbow and someone else uses a compound and they're better than you; you use a compound and someone else uses a recurve and thus they're better than you. Not to mention those throwing these accusations out there tend to conveniently leave a gaggle of gadgets off the "fair chase" list that in reality don't make it a fair chase: Internet aerial maps and trail cams come to mind (among many others). Even GPS units. Seriously. Think about it.

The fact is we all live in glass houses, so let's please avoid the boorish rants about "fair chase" and "I'm a better hunter because I________" bs?

I'm being serious. It's all about CULLING THE HERD. That's why deer hunting/shooting/baiting/fair-chase (whatever) exists. Any and all legal means that achieves that end goal is okay.

Now that we have that all settled, please proceed.

little buddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 12:15:28 PM »

Baiting is like hunting with a crossbow!
Adam
Little Buddy

little buddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »

Just kidding  :beer:  will be ice fishing by the weekend :beer:
Adam
Adam
Little Buddy

DooFighter

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »

"Fair chase" is a term that doesn't have an official, defined definition. No matter what you do, there's always another level someone else is doing that makes them "better" than you. You use a gun, someone else uses a crossbow and they're "better" than you; you use a crossbow and someone else uses a compound and they're better than you; you use a compound and someone else uses a recurve and thus they're better than you. Not to mention those throwing these accusations out there tend to conveniently leave a gaggle of gadgets off the "fair chase" list that in reality don't make it a fair chase: Internet aerial maps and trail cams come to mind (among many others). Even GPS units. Seriously. Think about it.

The fact is we all live in glass houses, so let's please avoid the boorish rants about "fair chase" and "I'm a better hunter because I________" bs?

I'm being serious. It's all about CULLING THE HERD. That's why deer hunting/shooting/baiting/fair-chase (whatever) exists. Any and all legal means that achieves that end goal is okay.

Now that we have that all settled, please proceed.

I like this. Well said.

A lot of people here poopoo the baiters. Yet I can't drive around anywhere during any deer season without seeing a dozen or more trucks with bags and bags of bait. Or just a box full. Somebody's certainly baiting. They can't all be lazy tourists right? I don't think it makes one less of a hunter. That's my nickle's worth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10