upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Dodge lake?  (Read 1898 times)

YoungFish

Dodge lake?
« on: December 28, 2010, 09:24:58 AM »

Has anyone been up to Dodge lake ice fishing latly or know the ice conditions? Would like to try that this week. Thanks  ;D

always gone

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dodge lake?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 10:22:22 AM »

Haven't been there this year. I know it is usually one of the later lakes to freeze up well and usually has worse slush problems compared to the southern Manisitque area lakes. I have caught some decent gills there ice fishing near the mid lake sand bar in 20 fow. I used to fish Island alot in the summer till the channel closed and I couldn't get my boat through. This lake is alot better fishing. Summer time fishing on Dodge lake has been pretty poor for me. I have caught some pike and largemouth, but the lake seems pretty overfished. If you ever have your boat there in the summer cruise over the deep hole and look at your sonar. I have seen some very large arcs in the deeper water. I think these may be pike chasing around smelt or splake.
Adam Petrelius

Jighead

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »

There are decent size pike in that lake, but the gills I caught tasted like a sewer. I would be leary of eating fish out of there. It might be fun to fish through the ice. Maybe you could keep a pike to eat. Good luck all the same.

YoungFish

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 05:55:10 PM »

Ok cool thanks! i will probably go up there and check it out tomorrow  ;D

TheBassPro

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »

Suck Ice Fishing there this year, but it is Awesome in the summer, im there almost every weekend.
Jordan Ramey

Right place, Right time

YoungFish

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »

Ya ik either that or we just dont know what were doing jordan haha. I have to get 2 teeth pulled at 4 tomorrow but after that we should go to the cory. i dont have school tomorrow so ill be down there or out at indian all day.

TheBassPro

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 09:50:39 PM »

Caught 2 pike today :dance:
Jordan Ramey

Right place, Right time

YoungFish

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 06:27:57 PM »