upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2014 River Cleanup  (Read 1478 times)

MAK

• View Profile
    • Email
2014 River Cleanup
« on: March 29, 2014, 08:59:10 AM »

SSFA will be partnering with Lake Superior Watershed Partnership, The Nature Conservancy, Moosewood Nature Center, and others on Saturday, May 31st to host a river cleanup event on the Dead River in Marquette. Event details will be posted soon, but will likely include guest speakers as well as lunch after the cleanup work. This is a great opportunity to get involved in an SSFA activity and even better chance to teach our kids about the importance of clean streams and rivers that support our spawning fish populations. Please mark your calendars and come out with us to take part in this great event. If you have questions about the event please contact me any time. Hope to see you there.

Mylan

Toolman

• View Profile
Re: 2014 River Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 09:46:39 AM »

I know two little girls that are going to be very excited!  My daughters really enjoyed the last one. :thmb:
Ray Uimari
Take Three
Marquette, MI

Scale Chaser

• View Profile
    • Finn Tackle Company
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 06:05:12 PM »

I know two little girls that are going to be very excited!  My daughters really enjoyed the last one. :thmb:
My girls did, too!  Hopefully when the date is determined we will be able to help out again!  :thmb:
Capt. Brad Muscoe
Marquette, MI
Boat Name: Ella Bella
www.finnspoons.com
Please "Like" us at
http://www.facebook.com/FinnTackleCompany

Toolman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 08:07:41 PM »

Looks like May 31st
Ray Uimari
Take Three
Marquette, MI

Scale Chaser

• View Profile
    • Finn Tackle Company
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 08:22:51 PM »

Looks like May 31st

Oops...that's what I get for skimming the original post over.   :kick:   Thanks Ray!  :thmb:
Capt. Brad Muscoe
Marquette, MI
Boat Name: Ella Bella
www.finnspoons.com
Please "Like" us at
http://www.facebook.com/FinnTackleCompany

MAK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 05:58:17 PM »

Just a reminder, we're having our river cleanup this weekend. Join us at the Moosewood Nature Center on Presque Isle on Sarurday at 10:00 am. We'll split into groups, divide supplies and head over to the river. We will have lunch back at the Nature Center. Help us cleanup one of the areas rivers and have fun doing it. Hope to see you there.

MAK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 10:34:24 PM »

Awesome day at the Dead River clean up event! There were 40+ people that participated in the event. We removed a lot a junk from the river to help improve one of our local streams that support spawning fish. Hopefully a few of the 100,000 chinook we released last weekend will make their way back to their new and improved home in a few years. Thank you to all our members that participated in the event and thank you to our Corporate Sponsors TriMedia Environmental & Engineering Services and North Country Disposal for collecting, transporting, and disposing of the stuff we removed from the river. It's events like this that make being an SSFA member that much better.