upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2014 SSFA BB/BS and Families Fishing Day  (Read 1978 times)

MAK

• View Profile
    • Email
2014 SSFA BB/BS and Families Fishing Day
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:56:20 PM »

SSFA will be hosting a Big Brothers/Big Sisters and Kids Fishing Derby on Saturday, June 21, 2014.  The event will take place at Lakenenland located at 2800 M-28  Chocolay Township, MI 49855, across from Shot Point.  The event will start at noon and include fishing for trout and panfish, a picnic, a walk through the park, games, and prizes.  Please bring your child, grandchild, niece or nephew to the event, all kids are welcome!   

If your child has his or her own fishing pole, please bring it, otherwise one will be provided for them.

Please RSVP by email to: SSFA2002@Yahoo.com.  If you have questions, please email Mylan Koski or call 360-4027.

Hope to see you there.

MAK

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2014 SSFA BB/BS and Families Fishing Day
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »

The Big Brothers/Big Sisters and Families Fishing Day is less than a week away.  Come out and help us turn some kids on to our favorite sport, fishing.  All members are welcome to attend and help out.  We saw over 150 kids and their families attend last year, a lot of people, come help us out at the event, untie some tangles, bait some hooks and serve lunch.  The reward is in the work, come find out for yourself.

MAK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »

I want to give a great big thank you to Ryan Erickson (a.k.a. Sniper) for stepping up and donating money to pay for the pizza lunch that we provide for the kids and families.  Thank you Ryan!!

BiG ARN

• View Profile
    • www.bubbablade.com
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 01:26:59 PM »

Kudos Ryan.....very nice thing to do! :thmb:
Captain Aaron Hendrickson
  BiG ARN's Charters LLC
 bigarnscharters@gmail.com
       (906)869-3361
   Boat name: BiG ARN ll
 Marquette,MI/Fairport,MI

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »

Thank You Ryan! Class Act for sure!
Andy Allan
Boat Name: Hydro Hooker

Naptime!

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 06:57:20 PM »

Thanks to everyone for an awesome venue. my kids had a blast!  And, that may have been the best pizza I ever tasted...... :thmb:

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 09:40:30 AM »

The smile says it all!  :thmb:
Andy Allan
Boat Name: Hydro Hooker

MAK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 09:52:37 PM »

Multiply the smile on Andy's daughter's face by 110 more kids and you'll know what it was like to be there. Lots of happy kids, Big Brothers, Big Sisters, moms, dads, and grandparents at Lakenenland this Saturday. Fishing was excellent. I spoke to a lot of kids throughout the day and everyone I talked to was having a great day and catching lots of fish. A little boy I talked to told me he caught nine, while a young teenage girl told me she caught 23! I think it's safe to say the fishing community has gained some life long anglers, and I'm hoping they each find opportunities to continue using their new fishing pole. Teach a kid to fish and they'll have a sport they can enjoy for the rest of their life and share with others.

I'd like to thank all of our members and Corporate Sponsors for donating their time and money to SSFA so that we can do great things like this event, without your help none of the things we do would be possible. I'd like to give special recognition to SSFA member Ryan "Sniper" Erickson for buying all the kids and families lunch during the event, thank you Ryan. I'd also like to to thank Tom and Lisa Lakenen for allowing us to use your beautiful and awesome property for our event and for all of the time and work you put into your property for everyone to enjoy, thank you!

Here's some pictures from the event:

Vertigo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 09:43:12 AM »

Looks like another fun outing you guys put on.i included a photo of my Grandson with the fishing pole he got at an event put on by SSFA  a couple years ago at Presque Isle park. He is trying to coax a trout out of a local stream. He did end up catch and release a small rainbow and Brooky on this outing.
Kevin Goodman