upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Fairport  (Read 35500 times)

Chubby Minnow

• New Guy
    • View Profile
Fairport
« on: June 09, 2014, 12:46:04 PM »

Anyone giving Fairport/Manistique a try this weekend?!

day dreamer

• View Profile
Re: Fairport
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 02:48:36 PM »

Not me but I dont think it will be much longer  :rock:
Kyle Barr
Day Dreamer
24' Striper
Big Weenie

WCScenario

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 05:36:40 PM »

Was down their Saturday to pay for my slip etc and Julius said water was still really cold but no report if someone was out there yet from him ..
Blayne
Currently Boat Less..
Home Port: Fairport Marina

WCScenario

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 06:42:49 PM »

Just about finally to get my boat ready..was waiting for $..spent my boat $ I had saved on 3 project cars..74 barracuda,67 gt mustang and 68 dodge charger..sold the cuda and mustang this weekend drove 1800 miles to deliver em make few extra bucks now to sink it all into maintenance  and few things it needs   cry().. my dad talked me into keeping the charger which could of sold for 7-8k so no autopilot like I wanted for me till it is restored and sold.. point of my rambling on is I am hoping to have everything done within 6-7 days and then I will be out testing the waters down there till they come in.. Will report as soon as I here anything or unless someone reports first.
Blayne
Currently Boat Less..
Home Port: Fairport Marina

BiG ARN

• View Profile
    • www.bubbablade.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 11:06:53 AM »

U can get a cheaper AP for under 2 grand! 
Captain Aaron Hendrickson
  BiG ARN's Charters LLC
 bigarnscharters@gmail.com
       (906)869-3361
   Boat name: BiG ARN ll
 Marquette,MI/Fairport,MI

deltadawncharters

• Even A Blind Squirrel Find A Nut Once In A While.
    • View Profile
    • www.deltadawncharters@up.com
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 05:20:56 PM »

How can it be to cold when you people catch them through the ice?
That cold!!
I have a AP for outboard. Just needs a pump.(SI-TEX sp-80)
$1,000.00 AS.
Delta Dawn Charters
232 Grady White
Boat Name Delta Dawn
Escanaba,Gladstone,Manistique, Mi.

Chubby Minnow

• New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 08:56:46 AM »

I'm working out of Milwaukee this week and a buddy who lives in Milwaukee just bought a boat this year (after making his first Stannard Rock trip last year). After a failed attempt last week due to the forklift at his marina being out of order (and his boat hanging in dry storage) we finally made it out last night. He had only fished on a charter out of MKE and I had never fished the port of MKE so we scanned up and down on his GPS and found a spot with a decent drop-off and motored NNE out of the harbor. He bought a bunch of gear from a guy off Craigslist just to get set-up and had limited lure selection. I was skeptical at best when we started dropping lines. We had one Finn Spoon out (not sure which one), a Moonshine, and two flasher/fly combos from the 70s. We didn't even get all the lines in the water when a downrigger popped and we fought a fish about 5 minutes before it got off. After resetting we trolled for another 45 min and we hit a double. We landed both of those fish, turned around to go back through the same spot and we hit another double! Ended up fishing about 3 hours and went 5/7 fishing with 4 lines in the water (two downriggers, no stackers, and two dipseys). Nothing huge, biggest fish was actually a 10lb rainbow. The remaining four fish were all kings between 4-9 pds. We had a blast though. Can't wait to get back out, whether it's Fairport or MKE. Water temp was 47-49 on the surface. We were fishing in ENE winds.

I would imagine we're not too far off in FP. Sounds like there have already been a few caught. Only a matter of time now until they're hitting!

BiG ARN

• View Profile
    • www.bubbablade.com
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 09:52:55 AM »

MKE?????
Captain Aaron Hendrickson
  BiG ARN's Charters LLC
 bigarnscharters@gmail.com
       (906)869-3361
   Boat name: BiG ARN ll
 Marquette,MI/Fairport,MI

Jfish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 10:20:59 AM »

I know some people who have been getting them for weeks and almost a month.  I believe that it's a myth that they aren't around until it warms up and that they only hang out in the South.

DooFighter

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »

MKE?????

Short for Milwaukee.

Sounds like good fun Chubby Minnow.  The first few hits of the year always produce a pretty good adrenaline dump for me :)

Chubby Minnow

• New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 10:54:16 AM »

Sounds like yesterday was a good day out of the Milwaukee (MKE) port. I checked out a Lake-Link forum for fishing reports out of MKE and one charter went 20/32 yesterday. He seemed to think the change in wind turned the fish on. We definitely marked a lot of fish. I believe that we only effectively fished for about 2 hours. We didn't get set up until approx. 6:45PM. My buddy did not have any glow in the dark lures, and we caught our last fish at around 8:20 and trolled until 9:05ish. It was overcast/rainy, so it was pretty dark by 8:45 CST down here. Hopefully the good fishing migrates north quickly!

Vertigo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 11:40:11 AM »

My son fished Fairport this weekend. Thefe was not another boat out and trap nets in the Gap. They fished South and did manage one 19# king. If there were people getting limits for weeks it sure doesn't show when you actually arrive and talk to people who are there all the time. Good luck to all who get out and fish safe!
Kevin Goodman

Jfish

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 11:34:25 AM »

My son fished Fairport this weekend. Thefe was not another boat out and trap nets in the Gap. They fished South and did manage one 19# king. If there were people getting limits for weeks it sure doesn't show when you actually arrive and talk to people who are there all the time. Good luck to all who get out and fish safe!

Heard the same thing from local people there last year.  We did a little better than the reports that were given.  However, there are some guys I know that did extremely well last year and have so far this year also.

5loaves2fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 12:36:47 PM »

Jfish, are you referring to fairport?  Are these guys running a long ways out, or are they finding fish near the gap?  I'm looking for a reason to go down this wknd, but don't have the big boat to run a long ways.  I think most people are skeptical because no one has heard much from too many of the local fishermen.  Thanks for any help
banjo holsworth

johnny speed

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »

Anyone giving Fairport/Manistique a try this weekend?!
I'm Planning on running that way this weekend. Be my first solo run in my own boat. Excited just to get a trial run in. A fish or two would be the icing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8