upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2015 SSFA Spring Shootout Results  (Read 787 times)

MAK

• View Profile
    • Email
2015 SSFA Spring Shootout Results
« on: June 15, 2014, 10:19:09 AM »

Just want to thank everyone who came to this year's derby to battle the wind, waves, and cold with us.  We had 31 teams with 96 people enter the tournament.  I think for many this is their shake down cruise and certainly the first tournament of the season.  I know there were several teams who decided to keep their feet on dry land, hopefully we will see you in the fall at our main event the Fall Classic Tournament.  There were some very nice catches of king salmon, including several adipose fin clipped fish, a sign of good things to come this season I hope.  Laker fishing was not quite as expected but I think many of the teams focused on waters closer to shore and didn't get out to their usual lake trout spots.  There were also some browns and very nice steelhead brought in.  Overall, I think it was a fair day of fishing for most but the weather certainly had an effect on everyone, that's fishing on the big lake I guess.  Good luck to those entering the upcoming tournaments around the UP.  OK, on to the info you really came here to read about, the winners!

Congrats to winners:

TROUT CLASS

-Rank-   -Team Name-   -Captain-   -Total Weight-   -Payout-   
1st   Ella Bella   Brad Muscoe   23.58 lbs   $600   
2nd   Hurricane Season   Jim Kelly   21.33 lbs   $300   
3rd   Reel Solyd   Josh Gorsalitz   20.34 lbs   $200   

SALMON CLASS

-Rank-   -Team Name-   -Captain-   -Total Weight-   -Payout-   
1st   Head Case   Roger Chitko   15.83 lbs   $600   
2nd   Phenomenon   Josh Niemala   15.70 lbs   $300   
3rd   Team Highline   Jason Benam   14.40 lbs   $200   

Biggest Fish (13.63 lb Laker) – Ella Bella - $100
Mystery Fish (2.70 lb Laker/ 2.72 random weight) –Mist Behavin - $100

On behalf of the SSFA Board, I would like to thank everyone for making the 2015 Spring Shootout a safe and successful tournament. A complete listing of both the trout and salmon class results can be downloaded below.