upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Marcum LX6  (Read 2080 times)

BIG_FISH

• View Profile
Marcum LX6
« on: November 28, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »

Anbody out there have one of these?  I am throwing around the idea of getting rid of my vexilar and trying one out.  I believe the only thing different between the 6 and the 7 is the screen size and 100 dollars.  Just looking for any input someone might have.  I currently have am FL-18 with the tri-beam ducer and an ultra pack.  I like the idea of how compact the marcums are and I like the different modes the Marcum has also. 
Chasin Tail
Tracker Targa V18

SnIpEr

• View Profile
Re: Marcum LX6
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 02:45:20 PM »

Search them on Iceshanty.com

Read the good and the bad and make your decision from there. Just remember people and some prostaffers will just bash Marcum if they are a Vexilar fan and vise versa even if they have no valid proof. When Im searching something I take the really juicy bashing posts and ignore them. Unless there is a common theme.

I have never personally heard any complaints. I would buy one.

musher9264

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 10:12:51 PM »

I bought the LX7 last year and love it. Lots of great features. There is a bit of a learning curve but it is fairly quick for most to get up to speed.

Vertigo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »

I was wondering the advantages of any flasher to a good LCD unit as most are familiar with on our boats?? Do most flashers have a limit to depth? I have used the LCD ice fishing and other than in deep water has great target seperation and I have watched 4 lines at once in the shack( 2 people) fishing up to 50 ft down. Wondering what others think overall
Kevin Goodman

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 11:07:03 PM »

Well, I picked up a lx7 and its a frickin animal!!! I'll have my crow medium well please.

musher9264

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 06:29:34 AM »

I will be interested to hear more as you get some time with your LX7 Ryan. I find myself using it in chart mode fairly often and I think I will get a transducer for open water this Spring. Traveling to Bigstone lake on the Minnesota/South Dakota border and fishing next week. Will give it a real workout there.  I really like my LX7 for sure! 
Lloyd

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 06:49:30 AM »

I have been using it in chart mode too Lloyd. Been staring at a flasher my whole life and have used other sonars/charts and can't believe how nice this unit is. Only been fishing +/-100fow so I haven't givin it the real test yet.