upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cormorants  (Read 583 times)

Yooperdad

• View Profile
    • Mike's Eyeflies
    • Email
Cormorants
« on: April 10, 2015, 12:07:37 PM »

Just received this note from a friend in Houghton.  I assume it is accurate.

Another ALERT!! The Audubon Society has filed a law suit regarding cormorant control in Michigan. Their goal is to eliminate ALL control measures, which include egg oiling and culling of adults. Cormorants have and can have devastating impacts on fish populations in many areas in Michigan. The closest is Bay de Noc.. MDNR wildlife and fisheries biologists do not want to eliminate cormorants, but rather reduce their numbers. It is a matter of resource allocation…. how much of the forage base and game fish do we allocate to cormorants.

I will personally oppose everything Audubon says and does now and in the future. Remember the mourning dove proposed hunt, where they lied in their ads? Even the Copper Country Audubon opposed the mourning dove hunt, which did not affect the UP and was based on emotion and not science. Now they want us to support them on the cell tower location on Brockway! Not me! Same deal with the cormorant control…..based on emotion and not science. Pass the word!!

FYI..… Copper Country Trout Unlimited is partnered and aligned with the Audubon Society. That makes two anti groups they are associated with!

Tom

Mike Paluda
Marquette
aka "Yooperdad"
www.eyeflies.com