upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: So fortunate to live in the UP  (Read 1107 times)

Yooperdad

• View Profile
    • Mike's Eyeflies
    • Email
So fortunate to live in the UP
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »

Good grief.  I suppose the city leaders will find a way to blame the City Police.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/25/baltimore-bloodshed-continues-28-shot-9-dead-over-holiday-weekend/

Mike Paluda
Marquette
aka "Yooperdad"
www.eyeflies.com

St Marys Troller

• Two Rivers Coho 13May17
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: So fortunate to live in the UP
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »

I'm very thankful to live here away from all that B.S.. We had a state trooper at our CG unit the other day with the dive team, and I was able to talk with him for a half hour or so. Hell of a nice guy. He talked of people accusing him of racial profiling during traffic stops. The thing he said I'll always remember was this, "When I'm on speed patrol on I-75, and pass a car going 90 MPH, the last thing in my mind when I decide to turn around and pull them over is what race they are. The only thing running through my mind is they are speeding, therefore breaking the law, and its my job to pull them over and enforce it. Half the time you can't tell the race of a person until you are at the side of the car talking to them". All the people rioting, "peaceful protesting  roll()", looting, burning buildings etc, against police annoys me to no end. Not saying there aren't a few bad apples, there is for sure bad cops out there throughout the U.S., but to accuse all L.E.O.'s of being racist, selective, etc is incredibly close minded.
Poor Boys Outdoors
Joe Picotte
Starcraft 176 Fishmaster
"Gold Troller"
USCG Two Rivers Wisconsin

UPFishbucket

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: So fortunate to live in the UP
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 09:17:26 PM »

I'd like to ad to.  Nothing burns me more than people bashing and disrespecting the people doing the jobs the majority of the people in this country aren't willing to do.  Cops and the military are making sacrif ices and taking risKS to make America what it is, the best country on earth.  These armchair liberals love to complain but won't even put the effort into educating themselves on what they are complaining about.  People need to watch some movies like act of Valor and American sniper, despite being Hollywood productions they portray what men and women are dealing with everyday.  Makes me sick