upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SSFA Marquette Bay Classic Fishing Tournament  (Read 4944 times)

MikeM

• View Profile
Re: SSFA Marquette Bay Classic Fishing Tournament
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 06:32:33 AM »

As Marshall would say, "Two more sleeps." Until he is fishing again.

MikeM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 10:13:45 AM »

The womens/children event is new this year. In order for this to happen, the folks at SSFA had to volunteer their time. Their time to set everything up. And of course their time on Friday to make it all happen. Like with everything else, they took it on with no hesitation. They are willing to do all the planning and work needed.
 Since it is the first time for SSFA, there may be a couple bumps in the road, and things learned. Which of course will be refined for next year.
 But this is not something new. The Tournament Trail offers it at many of their main events. I have participated twice in Sturgeon Bay. Same rules, same spirit and intent. The results both times were happy smiling kids. No problems.
 If it works everywhere else. I would expect it to work here.
 Captains need to realize the spirit and intent of this Friday. It is all about the kids and the women. The money is just a bonus. If you are not able to understand the part about it being all about the kids and women. This is not for you. Wait until Saturday. If you are about cheating inorder to gain some cash, wait until Sunday to fish. Don't be the guy that takes that smile off of Marshall's face when it comes to fishing.

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 11:21:04 AM »

Well said Mike, thank you!
As the Vice President of the SSFA I personally know the amount of work and planning that goes into the events we hold. The only compensation anyone on the board or committees get is a thank you or a smile on a child's face. We were happy to take on this addition to the tournament, for the sake of the women and children, not to put gas in the captains boat ext.... To all that participate please be safe and have fun. See you on the water! Friday and Saturday!  :rock:
Andy Allan
Boat Name: Hydro Hooker

Kastumatta

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 01:59:19 PM »

:thmb: :thmb:

MikeM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 05:55:31 PM »

Great two days on the lake. Very nice job SSFA. Your hard work does not go unnoticed.
 31 boats for the women's/children's event, for the first year. Fantastic. Better than I hoped for.

Steel249er

• New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 07:30:37 PM »

I would like to say thanks to all that were involved in getting this tourney together. The ladies and kids day was awesome and made the wife very happy and the main event stemmed to go very well also. Thanks ssfa for all the hard work!

SnIpEr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 08:50:19 AM »

Yes, thank you! my wife had a blast on Friday! That is something that needs to be done every year. Very good time.
Pages: 1 [2]