upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Detour 7/8 & 7/9  (Read 1392 times)

Yoda

• Take a Kid Fishing
    • View Profile
    • Email
Detour 7/8 & 7/9
« on: July 14, 2015, 06:51:09 AM »

A bit late with this but here we go, lots of Lakers now we boated 23 in to morning trips on the above dater they are on the edges of the flats and they are running large, dodgers and spin-n-glows on the bottom are the ticket, biggest of the 23 fish weight in just a bit under 20lbs,, lots of 8 to 10 pounders in the mix and very few under 23 inches. The silver fish are still pretty much non existent, the trip on the 9th, we had 9 Lakers in the boat in 1.5 hours, switched over to all salmon gear and troller for 3 hours, boated 3 more lakers, no silver at all......
Halcyon Charters L.L.C.
Owned and Operated by
John & Paula King
906-630-2206

Steeliebob

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Detour 7/8 & 7/9
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 12:52:20 PM »

Get the Lakers cleaned out and there will be room for the good fish. there should be Atlantics and Steelhead there. Three colors on a planer board with an Orange Crush should change things.

FiShSkInS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 02:42:29 PM »

I remember not to many years ago when it was the other way around .. I didn't think lake trout existed in Lk Huron !! More lake trout in there now than Superior has !!
Willie Fairplay

Boat name : NiTrO FiSh

ALL BALLZ FISHING

Home Port: Bare-ing C

Yoda

• Take a Kid Fishing
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:50:48 PM »

It my opinion and the feds wishes that the salmon fishing that we all loved to death, will never be again, the fed do not want salmon to be reinderduced into lake Huron ( kings and coho) not sure why the feds are over looking the atlantic plants.. But bottom line is there are fish to be caught, we put 26 green ones in the boat today on 2 charters, and did it in less than 2.5 hours on each charter, and I would say they averaged 8 pounds .... As I ask my clients before each charter, u want to go for a boat ride or you want to go catch a $hit load of fish.. And how do you think that answer that question   :dance:
Halcyon Charters L.L.C.
Owned and Operated by
John & Paula King
906-630-2206

elkyholic

• New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 10:47:48 PM »

Are the flats considered the area to the SW of the Detour reef light?  How deep were you fishing?  Since very little silver fish around I need to improve my laker program.

Yoda

• Take a Kid Fishing
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »

Yes, as of last Wed Thur they where on the far s/w edge we where taking fish early on top of the shelf itself, 80-90 fow, then they moved to the edge and over it, 100-130 fow VERYtight to the bottom, we'll be back out tomorrow morning weather permitting.
Halcyon Charters L.L.C.
Owned and Operated by
John & Paula King
906-630-2206