upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: straits weekend  (Read 1369 times)

todd v

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
straits weekend
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:20:13 AM »

got out Saturday night and trolled for three hours and not a bump until dark. caught two kings within 5 minutes on the same rod, braided dipsey with a carbon 14. Sunday morning waited at the dock until 9 when the fog cleared and fished until 11 am and managed 1 king on the same braided dipsey with a blue dolphin and that's it. my big weekend report.

Yoda

• Take a Kid Fishing
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: straits weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 06:47:02 AM »

Todd you know this fish in Iggy are notoriously very late very early bitters anymore, good job, at least there are a few around...
Halcyon Charters L.L.C.
Owned and Operated by
John & Paula King
906-630-2206

Steeliebob

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 11:22:12 AM »

Yoda try this during the daylight use either non reflective or low reflective lures. I have done pretty good on glo lures during the daylight. If the fog or clouds hang in there I never change lures. During the daytime when the sun is beating on the lake I put on painted lures not the metallic ones. Even when I am fishing deep. The reflection off from a metallic lure makes it appear to be much larger than what it actually is.

Yoda

• Take a Kid Fishing
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 03:40:50 PM »

To tell you the truth Bob, I hope we never get backed into a corner where we have to fish piggy, and to a certain aspect you are right, but its rare, you can also drag meat rigs in the bottom of the trench in front of mac. Island. And mostly that's when the fish numbers were up, can't catch what's mostly not there, and for the most part If I remember right form your past post most of your excursions when started sometime after midnight and ended at daylight..
Halcyon Charters L.L.C.
Owned and Operated by
John & Paula King
906-630-2206