upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SSFA Board of Director Officer Changes  (Read 583 times)

MAK

• View Profile
    • Email
SSFA Board of Director Officer Changes
« on: January 15, 2016, 05:29:30 PM »

The SSFA Board of Directors held the first meeting of 2016 this past week.  The first order of business was pass the torch on to some new officers for SSFA.  Change in an organization like SSFA is a good thing, it pumps fresh blood into the organization and brings new opportunities for new ideas and leadership.  I would like to congratulate Andy Allan for accepting the position of President.  Andy was Vice President last year and he really stepped up to the plate and was a driving force last year for our activities.  I would also like to congratulate Reid DeRosie for accepting the position of Vice President.  Reid has been a member of the board for several years now and he always has fresh ideas and new ways of looking at things.  Ken Ohman will continue as our Recorder.  Ken is an active member in other boards and will continue to be a invaluable member of the board who knows how to get things done.  After more years than I can count on two hands, Fred Govern decided to take a break from the Treasurer position.  I will be moving into that position and will remain active in all of our events.  We also welcomed Steve Hellman back to the board. We are looking forward to a year filled with great events and activities for SSFA.  We will be posting the dates of events in the coming days.  If you are interested in becoming an SSFA Member, Board Member, or a member of one of our committees, please contact anyone of the Officers or Committee members.

Here's to an early spring and I hope to see you on the water soon!

Mylan Koski