upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Late Christmas present 1911  (Read 836 times)

Fish-ti-cuffs

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • UPangler
    • Email
Late Christmas present 1911
« on: January 16, 2016, 05:41:54 PM »

I have been wanting a 1911 in .45 caliber for a long time, I have been watching Springfield Armory's webpage while they release their new pistols for 2016. I liked the looks and reviews of the "range officer" , but as my eyes get more "seasoned" I have a harder time picking up black on black sights. The new "range officer operator" comes with a fiber optic front sight. I ordered one from j's sport supply in powers, and it came in the next day.
I ran out and picked it up today, i'll clean it up tonight and hopefully get out shooting tomorrow.
It seems like a well built gun, comes with a heavy duty case, paddle holster, 2 mags, double mag holder, and two pieces of fiber to change the front sight if you would like.
My list of guns i want continues to get shorter.... Not go away, it just gets shorter. :)
I'll post a report after shooting it.
Brett
Brett Lewis
FishTiCuffs
><))))°>

"It's on like Bing Bong, Jack" --Uncle Si

Tin Lizzy

• View Profile
Re: Late Christmas present 1911
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 12:56:50 AM »

Nice!  I have a Taurus 1911, definitely not the quality of yours, but I do love the look and feel of them.
Rod

BudFan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Late Christmas present 1911
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 05:31:16 PM »

Very nice. That exact gun on my short list as well. Hope to hear you like it. Now that I've spent (most of) my 2016 boat/fishing tackle budget, a new gun would be nice. An AR15 build has moved up the list as well.