upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: KIDS FISHING DAY  (Read 1197 times)

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
KIDS FISHING DAY
« on: June 04, 2016, 11:29:22 AM »

Saturday June 18th the SSFA and the  Elks club #405 will be hosting our annual kids fishing day! Same location as years past, Lakenenland, 2800 M-28 east.  Fishing starts at noon and lunch will be served at 1-130pm.  Rods will be provided for those that don't have them. If your child has a fishing pole or got one in previous years please bring it. Please be considerate of people less fortunate. Hope to see you there! Tackle, bait and candy will be provided also.

Andy
Andy Allan
Boat Name: Hydro Hooker

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KIDS FISHING DAY
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:47:57 PM »

This Saturday is our kids day. Weather looks great! Come on out to Lakenenland! Hope to see you there.
Andy Allan

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 07:39:16 AM »

Kids fishing day is upon us! Hope to see you there.
Andy Allan

no guarantees

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 03:16:53 PM »

Had a great time. Glad to see such a great turnout. Thanks for doing this for the kids.
Andy Buckmaster
No Guarantees
Mqt,MI

lerspame

• New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 08:02:14 PM »

Great job guys. Lots of work. Thank you. My kid caught his first fish. Will never forget it.

Flo18

• New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 09:02:57 AM »

My parents ended up taking our daughter out there to fish. They said it was a great turnout and everyone had a blast. Thanks for putting this on! :thmb:

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 01:42:21 PM »

The event was a huge success. Keeps growing every year. Fish were bigger which made for easier catching. A large snapping turtle was also caught, from what I heard the turtle wasn't pleased with being pulled onto the bank, but no fingers were lost in the process so all is good. Big thanks to all our corporate sponsors, the Elks club #405, Tom and Lisa Lakenen, and Matt from glifwc for making this a success! Another shout out to the chocolay raptor center for bringing there beautiful birds out to show and teach the kids about the raptors in our area. If you haven't seen a presentation by this organization, I strongly encourage you to do so. I never knew we had such magnificent birds so close to home. Thanks to all that came out and enjoyed the day with us. i will try to get some pics uploaded from the event too.
Andy Allan