upangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SSFA take a vet fishing day captains needed  (Read 4407 times)

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SSFA take a vet fishing day captains needed
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 05:36:35 PM »

No captains license is required. No money is given to captains. All on a voluntary basis. Giving back to those that served our country during war times and peace. Without them it would be a very different country we live in. Thanks again to all that served!    :usa:
Andy Allan
Boat Name: Hydro Hooker

larboc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 11:21:39 PM »

No captains license is required. No money is given to captains. All on a voluntary basis. Giving back to those that served our country during war times and peace. Without them it would be a very different country we live in. Thanks again to all that served!    :usa:

I see now, I assumed it was all voluntary but I read it as needing to have a cap. license for liability reasons.

If there were a couple boats interested in doing a satellite event of this in the keweenaw area on the same day, I would be interested in trying to help put it together. 22' could take two. Wish I had a bigger and nicer boat, but it catches fish. Just too big to trailer all the way to mqt.
11' starcraft "NoKanDoo"
16' Invader tri-hull "Spirit of Dan Seavey"
22' Cruisers Mackinac, "The Green Machine"
Homeport-Painesdale, MI

Yooperdad

• View Profile
    • Mike's Eyeflies
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 05:42:53 PM »

Wow.  Great effort with the volunteer captains.  We are now up to 39 boats with a capacity of 79 vets fishing (up to 10 in wheel chairs).  We have boats coming from as far as Rudyard and Escanaba too.  If you aren't already on the list we can use your help.  If you are on the list, please have a look at it in the SSFA Section and see if there is anyone you know that has a boat and might be interested, and is not on board already.

Thanks again to all participants.  This is an amazing community event.

Mike
Mike Paluda
Marquette
aka "Yooperdad"
www.eyeflies.com

YooperTroll

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 08:56:45 PM »

I no longer have a boat but if there are other ways I can help just post it here. Maybe others that don't have boats will step up too. It is a great event!
Luck favors the prepared

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 09:25:46 AM »

If anyone is willing and able to help clean and bag the veteran's catch after their day of fishing please let me know.  Last year most of the captains volunteered their boats, gas, and other resources to take them fishing, along with stepping up to the plate with cleaning and bagging. This year, if possible, I would like to let the captains enjoy the afternoon picnic with their respected vets and eat a well deserved meal. PM me or call/text 3603252 if you can help.  Thank you
Andy Allan

always gone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 11:26:44 PM »

I have never launched my boat out of Marquette. I have no clue where to fish there and I would be worried about taking some very special people fishing there if I'm not sure where I'm going. If I can make it I will gladly come Sunday afternoon and help clean fish. I know I can do that. I will try to be there if I can. This is a great event. you guys do a great job putting it on
Adam Petrelius

fishfan1964

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 06:38:12 PM »

my wife and I are going to try and make it to help.. is there a certain time to be there? are you looking for help serving the food

andya12420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 09:25:24 PM »

Any help is good help! The most help will be needed for cleaning fish at Thills and serving food. The boat will be back on shore at 130pm or so. Call me or come to one of the harbors and ask for me. Andy Allan 3603252

Andy Allan
Pages: 1 [2]